HTML marquee Tag Learn more about the Red Cloud Community Fund's September Month of Giving Campaign.
 

Municipal Airport

Municipal Airport

Red Cloud's Municipal Airport features 3700 feet of paved, lighted runway. It is named Buster-Lewis Field to honor Gordon Buster and Delbert Lewis whose hard work and dedication is responsible for the fine airport we have today.

The land for the present airport was purchased in 1967 at a cost of $440 per acre. Construction was started that same year. Dale McDole did the dirt work and grading for the runway which was seeded to grass.
The first hanger was built in 1968 by Wilkens Steel Co. of Geneva, Nebraska. The second hanger was built in 1975 by Jack Cline of Franklin, Nebraska.
The runway lights were installed in 1981 by Barta Bros. of Red Cloud. The runway was paved in 1983 by Werner Construction Co. of Hastings, Nebraska.
The large hanger was built in 1989, and was leased to Bill Frost for his crop spraying business. It is now leased to Luke Meyer of Superior.
The snow removal equipment was purchased in 2006. The storage building and the Terminal building was built in 2008.
The precision Area Path Indicator System (PAPPI) was installed in 2009.
Private aircraft storage is available.

 

Address
667 Road 1100
Red Cloud, NE 68970